I feel like all I do lately is pay co-pays (May/June)

Last month we started off with Jack's 3 year old well visit. A good visit, every better for him with no shots! He is now 38 inches tall and broke the 30lb mark weighing in at 30.5lbs.  A celebration for the skinny kid, especially since Char is 26lbs and 15 months younger.

Friday, we had two appointments down in Westchester: first pulmniologist and then follow up with ENT.  The pulmnilogist was very nice, he thinks the snoring, breathing issues and our apnea concerns stem from the enlarged adenoids.  So if the ENT is going to take them out (that appointment was next), we would just follow up in October, if the ENT isn't going to take them out, then he would want a sleep study done.  

Onto the ENT, after 4 weeks of being on Nasonex, although his sinuses have been fine, "his adenoids have not gotten smaller is anything they got bigger". They are about 80% enlarged and tonsils are 60-70% enlarged/blocking.  So onto scheduling surgery for July, and therefore no sleep study, just a follow up in October.  Good news, so Jack will have his 3rd surgery since being born in the next 2 months, at least this one is about 20 minutes.  Piece of cake for what he has had before. 

Saturday: Saturday was a nice day, we ran errands, played outside and went to see their Nanny and Papa.  While there Charlotte and the dog collided, nothing bad but she worked herself up into such a frenzy she turned blue and passed out. I had a 26lb sack of potatoes I could not wake up for almost 10 seconds, which seems like an eternity while going on. First time ever I thought I was going to be calling 911 for her.  She came back continued to cry but didn't pass out again (Thank God!) but I called the DR and they wanted her to be checked out.  Everything seemed fine but was told to call Monday and be seen by her regular doctor and most likely would be getting an EKG and following up with a cardiologist.

Monday: So we call and get an appointment for the late morning, two kids at doctors office is no fun, let me tell you.  Jack was pushing her around and trying to pawn her off on people leaving her with them while she was in the stroller.  So once again we provided the entertainment in a waiting room.  Once called in I asked the Dr to also just check her ears because her nose was runny and messy diapers...ding ding ding.. Ear Infection in right ear only. Everything else looked good but ahe has now fainted over a dozen times, and there is no real baseline to why it happens (used to be tantrums, getting hurt, wanting more food) and they are getting to be longer when they happen, they ordered an EKG and I was to make a follow up with a Pediatric Cardiologist for my 21 month old.  That will now take place in June, my heart issue history and family history puts us more on alert.  

Well now that she has an ear infection we drove up to CVS, taking 2 kids into a pharmacy is no fun, plus Jack was now sleeping.  So I stopped at my In-Laws to have someone come sit with kids while I ran in for her meds.  Then we went back and played,  that's when disaster baby got hurt.  She fell from the hanging bar and twisted her ankle.  When she finally stopped crying I tried standing her up 3 different times, each time she buckled over, I could see she couldn't put weight on her ankle.  Char then started limping after Jack.  So we left my inlaws and headed down to NWH's ER...

At the ER Char was put in a full foot splint, FUN (insert sarcasm here).  We had to follow up with an Ortho in 2 days and keep her off her feet.  I got into the doctor the following day, thankfully and he reviewed everything and though she was limping he didn't see anything major so he took it off.  He even personally called a few days later to check in on her. AWESOME! Not that I want to go back with a kid and a broken bone we will go see him if need be.  Later I had to go to my doctor's office to get a PPD test for my new job, and returned Friday morning to be checked.  CLEARED, not that I was worried, but working with young kids you need a test annually now.

Following week (still on a doctor bender): Memorial Day Jack was off, that night he was MISERABLE, I have never seen him like this, no fever but couldn't sleep and at 2am I almost just left for hospital because the kid could not sleep and wanted to desperately.  Tuesday morning, I made an appointment for him to be seen, well Char finishes breakfast and breaks out in a rash, as the hours progress it is worse and worse, good thing we had an appointment already.  She is now allergic to Omnicef and Jack had a bug was given a ZPak and sent on our way.  By the next day he was better and she was just worse, back to doctors for Prednisone.  Finally she started clear up, and its only Wednesday.

Thursday I have a my physical for work and show my doc this thing on my foot.  I already had an appointment with a dermatologist in mid June, well he didn't like the look and by the time I was in the car on way home the doctor he recommended was on the phone getting me into their office Monday.  Honestly it scared the shit out of me, they got me in that quick.  Friday, Jack had a dental appointment and we were finally done with doctors for the week.

Monday, (6/3) I went to see dermatologist and he wanted to biopsy it immediately.  I basically laid there having a panic attack, I don't do needles calmly and then throw in digging, and stitches alone?!  Doctor had no idea what it could be but did mention a few things that he thought but wanted to see what Lab suggested.  Waiting game again.  Charlotte had her follow up with the Cardiologist the next day.  It went extremely well, also the tests looked normal and she is cleared.  Basically, doctor said its just a learned behavior when its done during tantrums and she just works herself up so much that she faints.  It is commonly seen in "willful children, just my luck.  It may get worse (more frequent) before it gets better.  Her coworker, a pulmonologist, came in to speak with me on a mom level because her own daughter did the same as Charlotte, and fun I have ahead of me.   We finally finished our doctor run!!! I swear though, it was overwhelming and just too much.  I hope we don't have another few weeks like this again.

**As of 6/14 I went for follow up blood work for my foot and hoping for good news within a week**


Popular Posts